Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Blackberry 8320 Series
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data. Use this method if the device becomes unresponsive.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset on the Blackberry 8320 Series simply remove and reinstall the battery.
Performing a Hard Reset on a Blackberry 8320 Series
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Blackberry 8320 Series returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory). It is recommended you back up your data.
To perform a hard reset:
- On the Home Screen tap the "Options" icon.
- From here tap "Security Options" then "General Settings".
- Press the "Menu" Key and then "Wipe Handheld".
- Check the "User Installed Applications" Check Box and click "OK".
- Finally type "blackberry" (without quotation marks) and press "OK".