Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on an Asus Transformer Prime
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data. Use this method if the device becomes unresponsive.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset:
- Locate the Reset Button that is positioned below the micro SD card.
- Use a small object such as a pin to press the Reset Button to perform a soft reset.
Performing a Hard Reset on an Asus Transformer Prime
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Asus Transformer Prime returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
There are two methods to perform a hard reset:
- Turn off the Asus Transformer Prime.
- Press and hold the Volume Down Button on the left hand side of the device then press and hold the Power Button.
- Wait for the device to display "Press <VOL_UP>" then press the Volume Up Button to start the hard reset process.
- Open the Settings app the select "Privacy".
- Tap "Factory data reset" then "Erase tablet".
- Finally select "Erase everything".