Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on an Asus MyPal A639
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data. Use this method if the device becomes unresponsive.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset:
- Locate the Reset Button at the side of the Asus MyPal A639.
- Press the Reset Button to complete the soft reset.
Performing a Hard Reset on an Asus MyPal A639
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Asus MyPal A639 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
To perform a hard reset:
- Press and hold the Speak and Mode Switcher Buttons.
- Simultaneously use the stylus to press the Reset Button to complete the hard reset.
- When the warning message appears, press the Zoom Out Button to perform a hard reset.
- If you would like to cancel, press the Zoom In Button.