Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on an Asus Eee Pad Slider SL101
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data. Use this method if the device becomes unresponsive.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset:
- Locate the Reset Button at the side of the Asus Eee Pad Slider SL101.
- Press the Reset Button to complete the soft reset.
Performing a Hard Reset on an Asus Eee Pad Slider SL101
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Asus Eee Pad Slider SL101 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
To perform a hard reset:
- Tap the "Apps" icon in the top right.
- Tap the "Settings" icon then "Privacy".
- Tap "Factory data reset" then "Reset tablet".
- Finally touch "Erase everything" to perform the hard reset.