Performing a Hard Reset on a Acer E140
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Acer E140 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a hard reset (clean boot):
- Open the Applications tab and go to Settings, then Factory data reset.
- On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset Phone and then tap Erase everything.
If your phone is not responding to screen input:
- Turn off your phone, then press and hold the Volume Down button.
- While this is held, press the Power button.
- When the phone vibrates, release the Volume Down button.