Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Acer X960
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset:
- Using the tip of your stylus, lightly press the Reset button inside the hole on the side of your Acer x960 Smartphone.
Performing a Hard Reset on a Acer X960
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Acer M900 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a hard reset:
- Hold down the power button and use the tip of your stylus to lightly press the Reset button inside the hole on the side of your Acer x960 Smartphone. This is called a cold boot.
- If your screen is responding to stylus input: Go to Start > Programs > Utilities > Default Settings. Read the warning information and enter the security code in the empty textbox. Tap OK to proceed.
- If your screen is not responding to stylus input: Press the reset button while holding the power button down.
- When you see the Acer screen, press and hold the Record button.
- You will see a screen asking you to confirm the clean boot, press the camera button to confirm. If you do not press the camera button, your Acer x960 Smartphone will reboot to as normal. This is called a clean boot.