Performing a Hard Reset on an Acer W500 Iconia Tab
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Acer W500 Iconia Tab returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a hard reset (boot):
- Quick boot. press power button before windows boots.
- Normal boot: simultaneously press power and windows key. using the USB keyboard press f2 and f12 hotkeys.
- Boot from recovery discs: simultaneously press power button, windows key and volume up.
- Boot menu keys: windows key - select highlighted menu option, Volume up/down - move menu cursor up or down.
- Now your iconia tab needs to be properly recovered using the recovery discs. To recover your tab:
- When switched off, insert an external DVD drive and insert the first disc into the drive. press the windows, volume up and power buttons simultaneously to switch on the system.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the recovery. Please remove the discs before your iconia tab reboots.