Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Acer Stream s110
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset:
- Press the reset key under the battery cover. Remove the battery cover and use the battery cover tab to press the recessed reset key. Replace the battery cover when finished.
Performing a Hard Reset on a Stream s110
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Acer Stream s110 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a hard reset:
If your screen is responding to stylus input:
- Open Settings from the Application menu, then tap Privacy > Factory data reset; click Reset phone and then Erase everything to format your phone.
If your screen is not responding to stylus input:
- Turn off your phone, then press and hold the power until you feel your smartphone vibrate and/or you see the Acer logo screen.
- Press and hold the Volume up and Volume down buttons (2).
- Use the Volume down button to select Clean boot: Yes. Press the camera button (16) to confirm.